SIP Trunks are telephone lines delivered over the internet instead of your traditional phone lines, which lower call costs and allow for additional functionality such as unified communications and softphone clients on computers and mobile apps.
SIP Trunks typically reduce your phone bill by at least 30%
NW Computing delivers SIP services via multiple load balanced enterprise grade soft switches, located in three data centres around Australia.
What are the benefits of SIP Trunks:
- Costs – By providing telecommunication services via SIP Trunks we reduce costs of telephone bills by approximately 30%-60%. With very low implementation costs, businesses see an immediate ROI with savings from day one.
- Portability – Existing phone numbers can be kept and are not tied to a physical location – which means you can use an 02 block of numbers in Melbourne, an 03 number in Perth.
- Scalability – SIP Trunks make it very easy to scale your business, if you require more concurrent calls additional capacity can be added in minutes.
- Reliability – The reliability that SIP Trunks provide is enterprise grade. The infrastructure itself has multiple redundancies in place and offers services such as trunk level forwarding and unreachable destination redirection – so if your office has a disaster, your number automatically and instantly can divert to another location or your mobile phones.
- Functionality – Unified Communications and greater mobility are becoming increasingly sought after. SIP Trunks paired with an IP PABX allows users to bridge the gap between telephony and IT, and be able to make calls from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.